Wednesday 25 March 2009

Rise and shine and Buzzzzzzzzz!

Getting up a deaf person in the morning isn't easy. Each of us likes our peaceful bliss unaware of the house creaking, mysterious bangs or in my case the constant partying next door (for which my housemates hate me for!) So how would we get up you say?


Well, when I was younger, I used to hate the deafening silence so I used to wear hearing aids in bed. My trusty Wallace and Gromit clock would never fail to wake me up until I became a teenager when I loved my sleep too much. After a few years of wearing hearing aids in bed, your ears constantly gets sore so I decided to take out my hearing aids and put them to one side next to my Santa mug and Dalek moneybox. How can I wake up? For the following few years, I relied on my mum and dad to wake me up, each imagining new ways but I can tell you now that the most annoying from my dad that he would slowly tickle my feet! To this day, Mum's most annoying is a very sharp brutal prod of her walking stick on my midsection! Oh the torture I went through!


So, I had to take matters into my own hand. After visiting the 'NDCS Listening Bus' (see link below) I spied upon a portable vibrating alarm clock. All i had to do was attach the alarm onto either the pillow case or on your nighttop and then it would shake and buzz you awake. I hated it at first but then again it allowed me to wake up early andhave no nasty prods from cruel parents.


But alas, after 8 years together, it soon failed to wake me up and I need a stronger one. It would have to be a proper proper alarm clock and I got one! It's the most annoying thing on earth to have a big round disc shake the entire bed causing you to wakeup with a yelp and distangle yourself from your sheets and laugh yourself at the clock to furiously press the smallest button to turn it off! I time my mood of the day with this. If the vibrating goes on longer than 10 seconds...I'm in a bad mood!




So today? Was I in a bad mood? It was on the 9 second mark...I was grumpy but motivated. The cold shower soon woke me up anyways.


By the way, I don't like saying 'vibrating alarm clock' all the time as it's too long and a mouthful. So please don't be alarmed in future posts if I say '.....my vibrator woke me up....'


Happy Wednesday!



1 comment:

  1. mmm i love my vibrator too...it's mains powered and has pretty flashy lights! :P

    ReplyDelete